This Church was originally founded in 1995 as Northwest Community Unitarian Universalist Church (NWCUUC). In January 2013, the Church formally merged with First Unitarian Universalist Church of Houston (First UU), and its name was changed to the Copperfield Campus, and later the Tapestry Campus, of First UU. The Church left the First UU merger in early 2019, and resumed its identity as an independent church as Tapestry Unitarian Universalist Church of Houston. We have always been a haven for free thinkers ever since.
OUR MISSION: Weaving a Tapestry of Love and Action
OUR VISION: Our love for humanity, the planet, and the interconnected web of existence inspires us to create welcoming and authentic community, and care for the world around us.
Guided and supported by our congregational covenant and Unitarian Universalist principles, we commit to nurturing each other's well-being through supportive action; through creative, inviting, and inclusive programming; and through creating a compassionate, thoughtful, and fun sanctuary. We commit to protecting and enhancing the environment through our time, energy, and resources, using our creativity to cultivate a caring and sustainable environment.
OUR COVENANT: Building on a foundation of love for one another and our shared Unitarian Universalist principles, we covenant to:
- Cultivate trust, especially by keeping confidences and commitments.
- Listen to one another with empathy, compassion, and respect.
- Communicate thoughtfully, respectfully, directly, and honestly.
- Honor our differences and seek common ground and equitable resolution.
- Accountably dismantle racism and other oppressions within ourselves and our congregation.
- Reconcile through forgiving and making amends when we hurt one another.